SECTION D | PERSONNEL
- SECTION DA | Employment Objectives
- SECTION DB | Employment Requirements
- SECTION DC | Employment Practices
- SECTION DD | Compensation and Benefits
- SECTION DD.1 | Compensation and Benefits
- SECTION DD.2 | Stipend Requests
- SECTION DDA | Salaries and Wages
- SECTION DDA.1 | Call Back Pay
- SECTION DDA.2 | Closure Time
- SECTION DDB | Employee Benefits
- SECTION DDBA | Educational Benefits
- SECTION DDBA.1 | Educational Benefits
- SECTION DDC | Absences and Leaves
- SECTION DDC.1 | Absences and Leaves
- SECTION DE | Retirement Programs
- SECTION DF | Employee Rights and Privileges
- SECTION DFA | Free Speech
- SECTION DFB | Employee Grievances
- SECTION DFB.1 | Employee Grievances
- SECTION DFC | Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- SECTION DFC.1 | Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- SECTION DFD | Sexual Misconduct Policy
- SECTION DFD.1 | Sexual Misconduct Procedures
- SECTION DG | Employee Standards of Conduct
- SECTION DH | Employee Performance
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Navarro College offers educational benefits to full-time employees when resources are available and budgeted. Final approval of all educational benefits rests with the District President or designee.
Educational benefits may be granted to full-time employees in the form of flexible scheduling and tuition reimbursement, contingent on the final approval of the District President.
Educational benefits may be requested for the pursuit of any Certificate or Associate’s degree at Navarro College. For the pursuit of a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree, educational benefits may be requested only if the degree is consistent with the employee’s current position or career path sought at Navarro College and courses are taken at an approved accredited institution. Educational benefits may not be requested for a second degree or certificate at the same level of a previously earned degree or certificate. Educational benefits may be requested for only one course per semester, with a maximum of 3 courses per year. Repeat courses are not covered under this policy.
Flexible scheduling arrangements may be requested to allow an employee to vary his/her start or departure time to meet course obligations without changing the total hours worked in a day, if deemed possible. Flexible scheduling arrangements must be pre-approved by the supervisor and must not hinder the performance of the department.
Tuition reimbursement will be for the tuition paid by the employee after any grants or scholarships have been applied. Reimbursement will be equal to the actual out-of-pocket cost of tuition and fees paid by the employee or $1,000 for Bachelor’s level courses and $1,150 for Masters level and above courses, whichever is lower. Courses offered at Navarro College but taken at another institution will not be reimbursed. Any course with a final grade lower than a “C” for undergraduate level or “B” for graduate level will not be reimbursed.
An employee who earns any degree using educational benefits provided under this policy must agree to remain at Navarro College for a prescribed time following completion of the degree program. An employee who earns an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree under this policy must remain with Navarro College for at least one (1) additional year following completion of the degree. An employee who earns a Master’s Degree under this policy must remain with Navarro College at least two (2) additional years following completion of the degree. An employee who earns a Doctoral Degree under this policy must remain with Navarro College for at least three (3) years following completion of the degree. Any employee who leaves the College before the specified time will be responsible for reimbursement of all educational benefits that he or she received under this policy.
Date Issued: January 22, 2015
Date Revised: June 29, 2017